Yikes – it’s been a while since I last posted. Way too much on the go IRL, and little if any time leftover for my second-favourite endgame activity – nattering on about the good, the bad, and the ugly in Star Trek Online. Tonight, it’s a little more on the good news side after the bug-plagued launch of the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
To be clear – I love the new Featured episode and the STF’s (but not pugging them), and yes please, I’d like the new Tzenkethi dreadnought as a player ship.
The overflow bag is getting a much-needed clarification on the size restrictions and a player warning to prevent problems where things go missing. The overflow bag was never meant to be an extension of a players inventory, but a simple way to prevent the loss of items earned in-game. But if you’re like me and open 200+ doffs at a time to fill out fleet holdings, it is possible to actually lose doffs (or items) in the process if you’re not careful.
The new Battlezone has had at least one patch to clear up some of the issues experienced with zones not resetting properly, and for some players, not being able to finish the mission. This new patch tackles the reset issue for the second time and finally adds the elite marks (Protomatter Microcontainers) for the rewards. As cool as it looks, and as fun, as it can be – the general consensus is that for the effort the rewards are less than stellar when compared to other Battlezones. My fingers are crossed that once the issues are ironed out, that the rewards will get a slight buff to justify our time.
PC Patch Notes for 2/2/17
By Ambassador Kael
- Overflow Bag Rule Change
- Players will now see a warning that an action cannot be completed until enough items are removed from the overflow bag.
- Players will not be able to complete the following actions if the number of items in the overflow bag exceeds the numbers listed below:
- Admiralty System: 50
- Duty Officer System: 50
- R&D System: 50
- Turning in missions: 50
- Bank Withdrawal: 50
- Auction Purchases: 50
- Queues: 50
- Accepting Missions: 100
- Auction Posting: 100
- Receiving new items: 200
- In order to stop the warnings and complete the actions, players will need to remove enough items from the overflow bag to equal under the thresholds listed above.
- Lukari Restoration Reputation
- Resolved an issue where some Lukari Reputation Weaponry was not the correct color when firing.
- Resolved an issue where Engine Capacitors used an incorrect icon.
- Structural Analysis:
- Resolved an issue that caused the tooltip to indicate it scaled upwards with Control Expertise.
- The duration has been increased by 50% at all ranks.
- Resolved an issue that prevented it from triggering the debuff secondary deflector proc when it spread
- Resolved an issue that could cause the amount of the debuff to not properly scale up with Auxiliary Power Distributed Targeting.
- Updated the description to be clearer of its functionality
- Resolved an issue where it was treated as an exotic damage ability.
- Updated the “Info” text for the 7th anniversary in the Events tab.
- Tzenkethi Battlezone
- Resolved an issue that prevented the awarding of Protomatter Microcontainers after the boss fight phase.
- Resolved an issue that could cause King of the Hill areas to not reset.
- The Tzenkethi dreadnoughts and their metaphasic shields will now be visible while fighting for zone control, but they can’t be attacked until the boss phase begins.
- Players who approach them will receive a message indicating that they are waiting for the right time to attack and can’t be affected while their metaphasic shields are up.
- Resolved an issue where the map UI would not always update the status of the zone correctly.
- Resolved a low FPS issue in “Gravity Kills”.
- Klingon Scout Force is once again available.
Yay! We were worried this would be another long term removal.
- There is no pop up UI that shows the rewards earned in the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
- Water does not appear visible when depth-of-field is disabled.
- Chroniton Jolt does not affect all kit modules.
- There is no VO from Kuumaarke for the tier missions in the Lukari Restoration Reputation.