Create a Jem’Hadar Captain:
- Create a Jem’Hadar Captain from the character select screen.
- These Captains begin at level 60 upon entering the game.
- After choosing a faction, Jem’Hadar Captains can fly most of their chosen faction’s ships.
- Upon completion of the new Gamma Quadrant Arc, Jem’Hadar captains will gain access to their chosen faction’s episodes prior to the events of the Gamma Quadrant Arc.
- All accounts will receive 1 free additional character slot to make a new Jem’Hadar Captain.
- For more details, please visit the Play as a Jem’Hadar blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899073-play-as-a-jem%27hadar-in-victory-is-life%21
Jem’Hadar Recruitment Event:
- For a limited time between June 5 and July 18, there will be a Jem’Hadar recruit event where all Jem’Hadar captains created during this time will be able to unlock rewards for the player’s entire account by completing various tasks.
- This will begin once a Jem’Hadar captain completes the first episode “Turn the Tide” and receives a transponder explaining the tasks and rewards.
Gamma Quadrant Episode Arc:
- For Jem’Hadar Captains, this new Episode Arc found in the Episode Journal begins with “Turn the Tide” and includes 6 episodes in addition to this.
- For all other Captains, this new Episode Arc begins with “Storm Clouds Gather” and includes 5 episodes in addition to this.
Gamma Quadrant Battlezone:
- The Gamma Quadrant is now open and can be accessed through the wormhole at Deep Space Nine!
- While exploring the Gamma Quadrant and completing episodes, captains will receive alerts about hot spots in various sectors where the Hur’q are attacking, gathering resources, or building up their forces.
- Team with others in the Gamma Quadrant to stop the Hur’q.
- Fighting in these operations will earn experience, expertise, Gamma marks, and Dilithium.
- The more participation, the more captains earn!
- Marks can be earned here for the new Gamma Task Force Reputation.
- For more details, please visit the Gamma Quadrant Battlezone Blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10887104-introducing%3A-the-gamma-quadrant-battlezone%21
The Swarm Space Queue:
- Stop the Hur’q Swarm from attacking Dominion planets and escort the civilian ships out of the system!
- This is a new 5 captain cross-faction queue.
- Marks can be earned here for the new Gamma Task Force Reputation.
- For more details, please visit the Swarm blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10895064-introducing%3A-the-swarm%21
Gamma Task Force Reputation:
- The Gamma Task Force represents a coalition of forces formed to curb new threats pouring out of the Gamma Quadrant.
- Earn Gamma Marks to gain access to these rewards through the new queue “Swarm” and the Gamma Quadrant Sector Battlezone.
- Earn elite Germanium Carapace Fragments by playing the Advanced and Elite version of Swarm as well as completing significant events in the Gamma Quadrant Sector Battlezone.
- For more details, please visit the Gamma Task Force Reputation blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10895034-introducing%3A-the-gamma-task-force-reputation%21
Level Cap Increase to 65:
- The level cap has been increased for all players to level 65.
- When this update goes live, all players will be set to the beginning of level 60 progression in the Skillpoints bar.
- Every character which is level 60 will receive 1 Specialization point to make up for any progress that may have been made beyond level 60.
- Also included are new rewards per level upgrade.
- For more details, please visit the Level Cap Increase Blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878744-star-trek-online%27s-level-cap-increases-to-65
- Cardassians are now a playable species for both Starfleet and Klingon factions.
- After becoming a shadow of their former selves after the Dominion War, many Cardassians have decided to align with Starfleet and the Klingon Empire in the hopes it will better protect their world from the re-emergence of the Dominion and the threat of the True Way terrorists.
- The Cardassians Species is a purchase in the C-Store and is also part of the Gamma Vanguard Pack.
- For more details, please visit the Cardassian blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824-play-as-a-cardassian%21
Deep Space Nine Social Zone Update:
- The social zone of Deep Space Nine has been updated.
- This includes updates to textures and structures to improve the look and make it more in line with the television show.
- Many contacts within the zone have been moved to new locations to make them easier to find.
- The exterior of Deep Space Nine has also received a full overhaul to be more in line with its appearance on Deep Space Nine.
- For more details, please visit the Deep Space Nine Rebuild blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878734-deep-space-nine-gets-a-total-rebuild
- Standard episodes in the Episode Journal no longer have a cooldown of 30 minutes to replay.
- The cooldown is now 10 seconds.
- Romulan captains can now fly any ship of their chosen faction with the exception of:
- Chimera/Manticore Heavy Destroyer (All variants)
- Peghqu’/Duvqu’ Heavy Destroyer (All variants)
- Korath/Qul’poH Temporal Science Vessel (All variants)
- Wells/Verne Temporal Science Vessel (All variants)
- Krenn/Chargh’poH Temporal Destroyer (All variants)
- Mobius/Klein Temporal Destroyer (All variants)
- Command Assault Cruiser (All variants)
- NX Escort Refit [T6]
- Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]
- Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]
- Temporal Light Cruiser [T6]
- D7 Temporal Battlecruiser [T6]
- D9 Dreadnought Battlecruiser [T6]
- Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser [T6]
- Kelvin Timeline D4x Pilot Bird-of-Prey [T6]
- Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6]
- Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]
- The Jem’Hadar Attack Ship has had a huge overhaul to look as it appeared in Deep Space Nine.
- The Jem’Hadar Dreadnought Carrier has had a huge overhaul to look as it appeared in Deep Space Nine.
- This is a free upgrade to all players already in possession of this ship.
- Resolved an issue which made it so players could not always skip to higher story arcs even when at the appropriate level.
- Amarie Freighter Bridge: Contacts for the Duty Officer Console and small craft selector are no longer exclusive.
- Added VO that was missing from the Federation tutorial.
- Felanoid pets now remain seated when idling for a long time.
- Updated the Look for Experimental Hyperexcited Ion Stream Projector.
- Toned Down the FX and made them a better representation of what the power is doing.
- Targ Handlers have trained their Targs how to walk and sleep obediently again.
- Gorn now have their jaw animate properly when using their bite attack.
- Bank consoles have been added to the Klingon Defense Force Shipyard.
- Resolved an issue where activating Tactical Mode in Dyson Science Destroyers increased inertia by only 10, instead of 20 as intended.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Inertia modifier on Impulse Engines to increase inertia by 10%, instead of 10.
- Resolved an issue that caused Quad Cannons to be unaffected by the damage increase from Preferential Targeting.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent the outgoing damage debuff on Subnucleonic Beam from being cleansed.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Destabilized Warp Core to flank the player using it.
- Resolved an issue that caused Latinum to be spelled incorrectly in some cases.
- The description of the Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine is now more accurate.
- This is a tooltip change only.
- Slipstream Drive now cannot be canceled for the first 5 seconds after activating it.
- Resolved an issue that caused several batteries to display incorrect icons when slotted in the power tray.
- To avoid any confusion with the upcoming “Vanguard” references that will be contained in the Victory is Life expansion, the Crossfield-class has been updated from being named a “Science Vanguard” starship to being named a “Science Spearhead” starship.
- All textual references have been updated to reflect this change.
- The Jem’Hadar Space Set can now interact with Re-Engineering.
- Spiral Wave Disruptors can now interact with Re-Engineering.
- The 800 Day Veteran Dilithium Refinement duty officer mission no longer requires a duty officer mission slot, no longer requires duty officers, and now finishes within 5 seconds.
- It can still only be completed once every other day.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Sonic Antiproton Weapons from being acquired with the [Sonic] modifier.
- Renamed Skill Retrain tokens from “Skills Respec Token” to “Captain Skills Retrain Token”.
- This is a text change only.
- Existing Galor and Keldon Cruisers now have access to the “C.U.V.” prefix.