Nowhere enough time left in my day to check everything out, but first impressions are really good. The bugs aside (and there are many), I’m liking the direction of the story for Season 10. The bank issues have me concerned as they are not part of tomorrow fix (ATM).
Here we go:
- The first two episodes “Blood of the Ancients” and “Delta Flight” drop you right into the center of the invasion, and then as you go on the offensive.
- Captain Tom Paris – it’s nice to hear his voice. A lot of easter eggs in his VO, and mission details. Sadly we will have to wait for a Captain Proton Holonovel.
- LOVE the ‘team feeling’ of Delta Flight. I came away feeling I had really enjoyed the experience, and want more of that ‘Dirty Dozen’ kind of scenarios. The pre mission banter with the teammates felt a lot like Star Trek: Renegades. *looks at Gecko* Just sayin…
- The Heralds can be difficult, but the level of difficulty isn’t even close to the launch state of Delta Rising. At no point did I feel outgunned, although I think it would have been faster with a FAW boat instead of my escort.
- LOVE the fact a Klingon is heading up Joint command. About damned time we turned to our best warriors to plan the defensive strategy.
- The lack of sector walls is slightly overwhelming, but I love the new artwork. This is the way Star Trek Online should always have been.
Anyways – looking forward to a ‘bug-reduced’ and ‘lag free’ experience come this weekend.