Thanks again to @TrekRadio for providing the simulcast via Periscope.
Note sure if this It was recorded (may be a limited viewing window!)- but lets start with the new Official Announcement Trailer for Season XI: New Dawn.
Here’s what we were able to gleen:
The panel started with the Executive Producer
@Salami_Inferno, Lead Artist @SWall_Art, and Star Trek Onlines Lead Designer @CaptainGeko. The panel was moderated by a coordinator from CBS @hollyamos22.
The team shared their favorite series and episodes:
- @Salami_Inferno, I’m on your side with ‘In the Pale Moonlight‘ and DS9,
- @SWall_ART was TOS and ‘Spectre of the Gun‘ with it’s minimalist set design
- @CaptainGecko for DS9 and ‘Sacrifice of Angels‘ and ‘The Visitor‘.
Can’t say I disagree, except for TOS – ‘Balance of Terror‘ stands as my favorite.
Next Episode: Butterfly
The introduction was geared to introducing new players to the game – I’ll skip that part, and you can watch the video online here. They were later joined by Denise Crosby, Aaron Eisenberg, and Chase Masterson.
Star Trek Online Season XI: New Dawn
- Brand new story arc that will take the player through 2016 and beyond
- A story about rebuilding
- Will feature an origin story for an existing adversary
- That adversary has not appeared yet in Star Trek Online
- It will deal with how the Federation and the Klingons deal with the temporal technology.
- The season has two story lines – recovering and the fallout of the Iconian War, and the return to being explorers again.
- A couple of new STF queues around DS9, both inside and out.
- A new space battlezone will take place in the badlands, and the enemy of this side story will be the mirror universe (possible Tholians as well, base on the video) UPDATE: there have been consequences of the Iconian conflict in the Mirror Universe(s)
- Mirror Leeta is an Admiral
- Upcoming episodes will feature Nog, Tom Paris, Harry Kim and Seven of Nine
- Sela returns for the finale, and the arc of her character is satisfying 😉
- Admiralty system allows you to use ships in your inventory to go on special ‘tours of duty’ on campaigns.
- Three campaigns, one for each faction will be available at the start. More will follow
- Each campaigns has multiple stages, and are repeatable for ‘large scale rewards’.
More to come as we learn the details.