Listening to this weeks PriorityOne podcast with Guest CaptainGecko, and he’s covered a number of topics.
Things that stand out:
- Goal to to treat XP and dilithium as a true time currency
- Cool-downs coming to all patrols (Argala mentioned)
- Argala is getting decreased XP rewards
- Dilithium should be earn-able at a rate of 480 per 15 minutes of game time
- Season ten is due in 3-4 months
- Plans to retire other queues
- It’s misinformation that queues are empty – our data points don’t show that.
- [regarding changes to the queues]…we’ve been releasing things piece meal, and unfortunately is was poorly handled and perceived as a whole bunch of nerfs when you know they’re begging for new rewards – which is why we could have messaged this better.
On Bridge Officers:
- Adding skills to bridge officers increase in price the more you add, the goal is to have a handful per bridge officer
- The update script was partially responsible for the lag experienced
- The ability to have a new bridge officer train another is a work in progress. The goal is for you to convert that new officer to a training manual. This is coming shortly, it could not be finished in time for the release.
- Some powers will ONLY be available by deconstructing this officer.
- Rank III skills that cannot be trained, will be part of a future skills revamp.
As usual the podcast was generally upbeat and it was nice to once again hearing more behind the scenes information from Al Rivera. It’s always good for a company like Cryptic to have an outside resource that’s friendly above all.
Perhaps my only complaint is Elijah ‘s opening monologue which included this gem:
(STO) staying true to a legacy of canon that would make most scifi franchises blush.
– Elijah, PriorityOne Podcast #207
Made me wonder for a second which game Elijah was actualy playing 😉
You can find the full Podcast here.